Fred Samorodin, Registered Physical Therapist offers gentle, hands-on physical therapy, soft tissue manipulation (osteopathic manual therapy) . His many years of experience can assist in the recovery from old and new traumas/injuries and chronic pain conditions. Fred will support you in taking charge of your physical health, mobility and well-being through bodywork that always includes helping the body from head to feet. He believes in also providing advice on ideas, drug-free products and services that you can use at home to support your recovery and wellness !
- Graduated from the University of British Columbia (1976) with a Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitaiton Medicine (combined training in Physical and Occupational Therapy).
- Studied Ryodo-raku acupuncture and orthopaedics in the USSR (1977-8)
- CranioSacral TherapyTM, NeuroStructural Integration (Advanced Bowen Technique), Full Body Fascial Facilitation, Visceral Manipulation and other osteopathic manual therapy techniques (since 1985)
- Studied with authorities such as Howard Jones,RPT, John Upledger,DO, Loren Rex, DO and Prof. Nikolai Kolesnikov (Vocal Training)
- Contributing author to The Malalignment Syndrome with Dr. W. Schamberger, MD,et al (2002) (ISBN 0 443 06471 7).
What is Craniosacral Therapy?
Craniosacral Therapy is a very gentle, bodywork therapy integrating the art and science of working with the dynamics of the body’s tissues. It helps balance the skull, spinal and pelvic bones by harnessing the self-corrective tendencies of the body’s connective tissue (fascia) and cerebrospinal fluid. While very subtle, this therapy is hightly effective in treating a wide range of conditions ranging from headaches to ear infections, back pain, malalignment or malocclusion.
Craniosacral Therapy is an integrated full-body manual therapy approach to helping the body’s musculo-skeletal, nerve and organ systems recover from stress and injuries. Craniosacral Therapy describes a range of osteopathic, manual physical therapy methods that help the body reach an optimal level of function and helps with particularly chronic pain conditions where the body is restricted in its mobility whether at the joints, connective tissues or because of the protective mechanisms produced by the nervous system.